Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gluten-Free, Sensitivities, and Allergies

Gluten-Free assorted cupcakes! 
Raspberry-Orange Swirl,
Chocolate-Dipped Orange,
Blueberry-Vanilla,
Vanilla Bean,
Raspberry-White Chocolate
Many people have asked me about gluten-free baking. While my usual fare isn't usually allergy friendly, I make a vast variety of items. It's hard to say that I do or don't make things that might be acceptable for someone's special diet. It varies from person to person, treat to treat.

Starting this October, I will offer a Gluten-Free CSB share!  The pick-up will be once per month, the first Saturday of October, November, and December.  Please contact me for more information, and to reserve your spot.

Additionally, if you're trying to reduce sugar or follow a gluten-free diet (or dairy-free, etc), we can definitely discuss the dessert that would be perfect for you, available as a special order. I can ensure it's made to your specifications and if you have a sensitivity/allergy to, say, wheat, I can make sure no "regular" cookie crumbs fall onto your dessert, possibly resulting in a reaction.

Gluten-free flour can be substituted for regular flour in many baked items. Most of my cake flavors can be made Gluten-Free; please ask for examples. GF oats can be used instead of my regular ones for special order granola (bulk orders only, please). Flavored popcorn, for example, is naturally gluten-free, and can be free of many other allergens as well (some varieties are vegan!).  I make a killer flourless chocolate "cake" that many clients request again and again...most of whom don't even care that's it's gluten-free!

Please allow 48 hours for special orders, and I will try to accommodate your needs as best I can!

Maple-Chile Popcorn,
Buttery Caramel Corn







GF Apple Spice Cupcakes,
Vanilla Buttercream,
natural orange coloring,
chocolate sprinkles

No comments: