Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 10, April 12

I spent every day of last weekend baking and decorating cupcakes for various events.  While I enjoyed the full schedule, it was a little difficult to plan for today's CSB pick-up with so much on my mind!  Feeling a bit scattered Sunday evening, I finally had a chance to sit down and figure out what I should make.  Now, if you know me personally, you will know that I am a major planner...it's highly unlikely for me to leave something, anything, to the last minute. 

After looking through my personal blog and numerous cookbooks for ideas, I had settled on several types of bar cookies.  This week CSB members will each take home an assortment of delectable treats, including:

~Ancho Chile Brownies- Moist, fudgy, and studded with pepitas (pumpkin seeds), these offer a warm, tingly heat that nicely complements the rich Scharffenberger chocolate.

~Sunny Citrus Squares- Topped with a flavorful lemon-lime custard, the 100% whole grain (spelt!) crust partners nicely for a delicious springtime treat that is still somewhat healthy.

~Marshmallow-Peanut Butter Double Fudge Brownies- These are whole grain also, but are so decadent that you might not even notice!  These brownies are baked with both natural cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips for a fudgy base, then are topped with homemade vanilla marshmallow, peanut butter fudge, and chopped peanuts.

~"Twix"- A world above the store-bought candy bar, my version starts with a crunchy shortbread cookie crust.  I top it with handmade creamy caramel and smooth dark Guittard chocolate.  Make sure these bars are at room temperature when you eat them!

~Vanilla Cheesecake Bars- These are a bar cookie form of a favorite dessert.  They feature an all-natural graham cracker crust and a creamy pure vanilla cheesecake topping.  Keep these refrigerated!!

 The bar cookies will keep up to three days in a tightly sealed container.  Both types of brownies and the "Twix" should be left at room temperature.  The vanilla cheesecake bars must be kept refrigerated.  If you don't eat up all of the Sunny Citrus Squares tonight, then place them in the refrigerator as well.  Enjoy!
Marshmallow-Peanut Butter Double Fudge Brownies
Sunny Citrus Squares
Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
Ancho Chile Brownies
Homemade "Twix"

No comments: