Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dec. 21, Week 11

I have had an incredible amount of work to do to get ready for today's pick up! Two whole days of prep and baking, and I'm taking a break from the kitchen to write this post. A tremendous mess awaits my return.

I have SO much fun making Christmas cookies, and even without the CSB I would be baking this time of year. Still, baking for so many special orders and CSB members, I can make many more varieties than I would dream of doing just for family and friends.

CSB members each get to take home a generous assortment of all kinds of cookies:

~Almendrados
~Almond Horns
~Spritz
~Gingerbread Men
~Sugar Cookie Cutouts with Whiskey Buttercream
~Chocolate Thumbprints
~Coconut Pyramids
~Maple Cinnamon Rings
~Black & White Striped Cookies
~Black & White Pinwheels
~Pistachio Moon Melts
~Pecan Sandies
~Spritz Wreaths with Icing
~Meringue Stars
~Neapolitan Cookies
~Chocolate Mint Marshmallow Clouds

See what I mean?! TONS of cookies! I have so much fun making them, though. For storage, most can be frozen (don't ever freeze meringues). Otherwise, keep the cookies in an airtight container. I suggest enjoying the sugar cookies and neapolitan cookies first, and, if you must, saving the others for later.

Happy Holidays, and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Gingerbread Men, Coconut Pyramids, Neapolitan Cookies,
Meringue Stars

Black & White Striped Cookies, B & W Pinwheels, Spritz,
Spritz Wreaths, Chocolate Thumbprints, Almond Horns

Maple Cinnamon Rings, Chocolate Mint Marshmallow Clouds,
Sugar Cookies (naturally colored frosting), Pecan Sandies,
Pistachio Moon Melts

No comments: